Friday, July 10, 2015

My Coastal scents hot pot eyeshadows palette

The Coastal scents brand has been famous for big eyeshadow palettes and it is one of my first brands that I started with when I became makeup fanatic. The palettes are cheap so you can try and play with different colours for small price (the quality of these is average). Around last Christmas I discover that they have hot pot eyeshadows which you can buy separately and create your own palette. They were on sale so of course I bought some.

Hot pot eyeshadows by Coastal scents
Hot pot eyeshadows by Coastal scents

HOT POT EYESHADOWS

Price: normal price is 1,95$ for the eyeshadow and 9,95$ for empty 28 eyeshadow palette. I got it on sale, eyeshadow pots for 0,98$ and the palette for 4,98$.

Scent: the eyeshadows have a chalk scent; I think it is due to higher amount of talc ingredient in them. If you are allergic to talc I would probably buy one eyeshadow to test first.

(from left to right) Elven Gold, Canary Diamond, Midas Gold, Caramel Ice, Light Pink, Redwood and Violetta

Colours: Coastal scents offers lot of colours in different finishes so you can really go crazy and choose anything from nudes to bright colours. I went for neutral and purple shades: Mai Tai, Caramel Ice, Light Pink, Elven Gold, Canary Diamond, Deep Grape, Profound Plum, Little Grapette, Edgy Eggplant, Antique Lilac, Vibrant Plum, Ash Grey, Burnished Brunette, Light Taupe, Timeless Taupe, Harvest Brown, Chamois Nude, Burnt Umber, Deep Roast (unfortunately I bought 2 pots), Cloud White, Brownstone, Kokomo Café, Midas Gold, Violetta, Redwood, Midnight Blue, Bermuda Sand.

(from left to right) Antique Lilac, Little Grapette, Vibrant Plum, Deep Grape, Edgy Eggplant, Profound Plum and Midnight Blue
Pigmentation: almost all eyeshadows are well pigmented. The only one that I was really disappointed with is Little grapette.

Performance and longevity: the eyeshadows are blendable and easy to apply; I recommend them especially for beginners. With an eyeshadow primer they last all day.

(from left to right) Cloud White, Chamois Nude, Kokomo Cafe, Light Taupe, Harvest Brown, Burnt Umber and Deep Roast

My verdict: I really like these eyeshadows. Apart from the scent that says that they are cheap I cannot complain. I think they are great if you are looking for very affordable eyeshadows but you don’t want to lower you expectations quality wise.

(from left to right) Mai Tai, Bermuda Sand, Timeless Taupe, Brownstone, Ash Grey and Burnished Brunette (last colour in the palette is again Deep Roast) 

CUSTOM PALETTE FOR 28 EYESHADOWS WITH CLEAR LID

The palette is made of plastic with clear lid which is big plus if you own more of these palettes. It is bigger than Z palette or Custom palette by Sephora by 2 cm, on the other hand it is half thinner than both of the palettes.

Does MAC eyeshadows fit in it? Yes and no. They fit in the palette (they have the same diameter) and since they are magnetic they also stay and don’t fall out of the palette. The MAC eyeshadows are in deeper pan though so they will be visible (the eyeshadows will be slightly outside the palette). At the same time, you can still close the palette and therefore it is just a question of your preference and budget.