Saturday, December 27, 2014

Luxurious golden bronze self-tan lotion original and Anti-aging self-tanning lotion for face by FakeBake

As New Year parties approach, one of the usual preparation steps is giving yourself healthy glow through some self-tanning (unless you are lucky person coming from the Thailand). I’ve already reviewed Luxurious golden bronze flawless Self-tan liquid by FakeBake and I really liked it so I bought some other products by this brand. Here are quick reviews in case you were thinking about buying them.

LUXURIOUS GOLDEN BRONZE SELF-TAN LOTION ORIGINAL BY FAKEBAKE

Price: 170ml costs 17,11€ at allbeauty.com.

Smell: it doesn’t have any smell during the application however it smells like typical self-tanning product when it’s developing the tan.

Colour: it is already nice neutral brown after first application, after 3 applications you will get a one week vacation colour if you are light skin tone like me (NW20 in MAC). I really liked the colour; it wasn’t orange or red, just a nice neutral darker brown.

Application: it was little bit tricky. I had to use not only self-tanning mitt but also rubber gloves (as suggested on the packaging). This self-tanner lotion had dark brown, almost black, colour indicator which stained my fingers through the mitt if I didn’t wear any gloves (it happened to me at first application). Also, it was strange to put black lotion on my body and I looked very dark. I applied it in the evenings before going to bed; I don’t think I would go out dark like that. Once it dried it didn’t stain my bed sheets or clothes. Following morning I took shower and the colour indicator washed out, only tan colour stayed.

Longevity and fading: it lasted very long time. The same colour (after 3 applications) stayed for a week and only then started to fade away. It wasn’t patchy at all so I didn’t have to scrub my skin for another 5 days if I didn’t want to.

Final verdict: it is very nice self-tanner; the only think I didn’t like was a dark, almost black, colour indicator. It just looked strange to me and I didn’t feel comfortable with. Apart from that, it is really good self-tanner.

Luxurious golden bronze self-tan lotion original by FakeBake

ANTI-AGING SELF-TANNING LOTION FOR FACE BY FAKEBAKE

Price: 60ml costs 18,34€ at allbeauty.com.

Smell: it reminds me of Palmer’s cocoa butter Natural bronze self-tanner scent, little bit of cocoa and citrus. It doesn’t have strong smell when it develops.

Colour: after first few applications I haven’t seen much of the difference. Only after using it for about 4-5 days I could see slight difference in skin tone. The self-tanner gave my skin light tan but I don’t think you could build it up to something darker.

Application: according to the packaging you can use it instead of make-up or as evening application. It has a warm brown colour indicator that gives glow and suntanned look to the skin. It is easy to apply, use a pea size amount and spread it on the face, avoiding eyes area.

Longevity and fading: After these 5 applications when I finally had some colour, I left my face alone for 3 days and the tan started to fade away, new application was needed again.

Final verdict: I’m not sure if I have energy to put this self-tanner on my face almost every night to get some colour. I like better face self-tanners that are more effective where you can see colour after first or second application and which lasts longer than 3 days. I’m not going to purchase it again and I’m still hesitant if I should even keep the one I tested or just give up and throw it away.

Anti-aging self-tanning lotion for face by FakeBake