Monday, September 28, 2015

Face serums reviews – part 1

I tried 4 different face serums past 5 months and this is just a short review of what I thought of them. I bought first two at iherb.com and they contain more natural ingredients, other two that I’m going to talk about on Wednesday are not so natural.

CoQ10 Antioxidant serum by Now Foods Solutions

Price: 12,73$ for 30ml at iherb.com

Scent: it has quite an herbal and earthy scent that I wasn’t very fund of.

Texture: it had almost liquid texture, easy to blend and it soaks into the skin instantly.

My experience: I used up the whole bottle and while it did add little bit of moisture to my face I felt like it wasn’t strong enough to change my dry skin and make it look better. To me it was an average serum which I think would be more suitable for normal skin to oily skin.


Vitamin C renewal Vitality serum by Avalon Organics

Price: 19,63$ for 30ml at iherb.com

Scent: it had mixture of orange and cocoa scent which was quite pleasant, it reminded me of Christmas.

Texture: light cream texture, again easy to apply, soaks relatively quickly into the skin.

My experience: I mainly bought it to reduce one sunspot that I have on my right cheek. I gave it a good month and the spot didn’t get lighter. However I noticed that my skin colour looked more unified and that the discoloration, where the pimples were, was gone quite quickly. I think it brightened my skin and it could work even better if the packaging wouldn’t be transparent. When you have a Vitamin C product you have to make sure that it doesn’t come in contact with light before use. Vitamin C is very “photophobic” so I definitely think that this product had even bigger potential. Anyway I think it was good serum and I would repurchase it if I see it on sale.