Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Longlasting eye pencils by Essence

Let’s continue with Essence cosmetics today and actually on Friday as well. I bought few products and as you probably read on Monday, I quite liked the new eyeshadow palettes, so let’s see what else is good or not.

Price: 1,55€ in Austrian DM drugstore (how do they make money with that price??).

Longlasting eye pencils by Essence

Colours: I bought 20 Lucky lead which is darker gray (not my favorite, it looks like washed out black) and 02 Hot chocolate which is warm medium brown (makes green eyes look even greener I love it!). On the website they have 8 colours, I’ve seen in the drugstores only 2 that I bought. The pencils are very pigmented and the colours are consistent.

Texture and application: the pencils have creamy texture, creamer than eyeliners by Catrice. They slide on eyes without problems so really easy application. You have some time to blend before they set.

20 Lucky lead (left) and 02 Hot chocolate (right) eye pencils by Essence

Longevity: once they set, they stay on the lid all day even through the work out. I also used them for waterline; there they stayed only for 4 hours so I prefer to use them on upper lid as regular eyeliner.

My verdict: easy to use and very longlasting, that look good on my eyes (especially hot chocolate colour). They are retractable so good for travel and for the price, you can’t beat it. I’m going to look at other colours for sure!