Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Face serums reviews – part 2

Let’s continue with other two face serums that I tried past few months. I wrote on Monday about the face serums with natural ingredients and that I expected more from them so let’s see if these two are any better.

Illuminating hydrating care by Corine de Farme

Even though it is not officially a serum I used it instead of serum under my light moisturizer with SPF 30 by Garnier Ambre solaire.

Price: 8,59€ for 50ml at DI drugstore in Belgium.

Scent: it had floral fresh scent that I actually really enjoyed it.

Texture: it had creamy texture with silicone touch to it which made it excellent base under the makeup. It evened out the skin instantly.

My experience: although I didn’t notice any major changes in my skin, it smoothed my skin and got it ready for the makeup application. It also smelled nice, applied and soaked into the skin quite well. It hydrated the skin for about 6-7 hours so I quite liked it. I have other serums to try but if I don’t find anything better for the similar price I may purchase it again.



Retinol Reface serum by Indeed Laboratories

Price: 19,99£ for 30ml in Boots (UK).

Scent: it didn’t have any scent.

Texture: light creamy texture. Easy to apply and it soaked into the skin without problem. The pump was little bit annoying since it would pump different amount of the product every time.

My experience: I was surprised how well the product worked. I used it together with AHA or BHA products, first I applied the acids to clean out the pores and to remove death layer of the skin for better serum penetration. I noticed that my skin got smoother, more even and just nicer. I really liked the serum and I’m totally hooked up on retinol products now. I recently bought Paula’s choice retinol serum as it’s supposed to be the strongest over the counter retinol product on the market. Let’s see if it’s forth 60€. If the result is the same as for this serum by Indeed Labs then I’ll repurchase this one again.