Friday, July 24, 2015

Battle of primers – part 3

In this post I wanted to regroup primers that are very similar in basically everything. Keep on reading if you want to know how they perform.
Side note: all primers were applied under Lasting perfection 16 hour wear foundation by Collection which I reviewed previously.


Price: Max Factor primer costs 10,99£ (30ml), Revlon primer 12,99£ (27ml) and Rimmel 5,99£ (all bought in UK during my last trip).

Texture and application: all of them have slightly thicker creamy consistency (not as thick as regular blue packaging Nivea though). They don’t blend easily into the skin, it’s better to blend them in each section of the skin separately. The less you use the better for you. The same goes for the foundation application. The primers are sticky so you better apply your foundation in section as well. Use minimum of it and blend well. I think the best tool in this case is flat brush or fingers to really blend the primer and foundation. They don’t hide bigger pores as good as other silicone based primers. Side note: Max Factor primer has SPF 20 which is quite a nice sun protection in case you don’t have any it in products you apply on your face.


Performance: these primers kept my skin matt for 5-6 hours than I noticed that the foundation got caky in some places and the skin didn’t look its best. I don’t think they are suitable for oily skin, nor would I recommend them for dry skin as they make skin look worse than without. I think they are suitable for normal skin although due to the problematic application I would rather go for Garnier, The Balm or primer by Gosh (see the Battle of primers part 2).

Related posts:
Lasting perfection 16 hour wear foundation by Collection review
Battle of primers – part 1
Battle of primers – part 2
Battle of primers – part 4