Friday, July 31, 2015

Gel manicure by Essence

Let’s continue with Essence today. I wasn’t very happy about the Sally Hansen gel manicure; you can read in my previous post why, so let’s see if this one is any better.

Price: base coat and top coat cost 2,69€ each, the colour nail polish 1,69€.

Colours: I bought 10 True love which is darker wine colour almost identical to nail polish n. 870 from Color Riche line by L‘Oreal.


Texture and application: the brush on base coat and top coat is thinner than on the colour nail polish, still all three nail polishes are easy to apply. The colour nail polish is well pigmented so you can sometime get away even with one layer, two layers are pretty looking. The layers dry quickly so you can do your manicure within 20 minutes or less.

Look on the nails: the nail polish is shiny and looks really like gel manicure.


Longevity: it doesn’t last longer than my favourite regular drugstore nail polishes (nail polishes by Flormar and Color Riche by L’Oreal) and that is 3 days. I was disappointed by the longevity, on the other hand the nail polish finish and shine is beautiful, it dries quickly so I’m going to use it as I would my regular nail polish.