Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lasting perfection 16 hour wear foundation by Collection

I was browsing Superdrug (UK drugstore) for brands that we don’t have in continental Europe and Collection is one that caught my eyes. The foundation looked promising, especially as we are coming into warm weather now.
I have dry skin so to find a foundation that doesn’t dry it more or makes it looking dry and at the same time that lasts for long time is quite a challenge. This foundation surprised me yet it didn’t make it to my favourites.

Lasting perfection 16 hour wear foundation in colour n.2 Ivory by Collection

Price: 5,99£ for standard 30ml in Superdrug (UK) - cheap foundation.

Shades: there are 6 shades, I bought n. 2 Ivory. It is light warm tone shade that suits me quite well although I prefer more yellowish foundation.

Scent: it has foundation - paint like scent.

Texture and finish: it has thick creamy texture that is quite easy to blend (you can use a brush, a sponge or fingers). First I used 2 pumps but that was way too much, I could still get good coverage when using just one pump. The foundation is visible on the skin; it is definitely better for evening than for day wear.

Coverage: it has medium to full coverage, it really makes skin looking flawless.

Lasting perfection 16 hour wear foundation in colour n.2 Invory by Collection

Longevity: here is where I got surprised. As I mentioned before I have dry skin and last time I saw my own oil on my face was at high school. I never get oily. With this foundation I was a disco shiny ball after 4 hours. Something in the foundation triggers my oil production and it doesn’t look good. Even when using primers the longevity didn’t get to 16 hours as the foundation promised.

Final verdict: I don’t like this foundation at all. It makes me oily and after sometime the face looks cakey. This is the first time that this happens to me and I tried to make it look better by wearing different primers but it is so bad that nothing helps (I tried about 10 primers, stay tune for battle of primers!).